We work professionally and ethically with:
- counselling students from the main universities and colleges
- trainees from CBT PG Dipl courses who wish to do their placement with us (applications Sept / Jan)
- research students at undergraduate, Masters (MSc / MBA) and doctoral levels*
- business studies and marketing students
Recent activities / achievements
- Invited Speaker at the 4th World Congress in Nursing and Healthcare, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 2018.
- Completed a 2017 second edition academic textbook in developmental psychology (with Prof Peter Coleman, University of Southampton) - see right for more information
- Represented Ireland at the European Congress of Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies (EABCT) in Stockholm, Sweden, Sept 2016
- Presented a symposium paper on managing stress at the annual conference of the British Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), June 2016
- Completed several commissioned pieces of research on age friendliness
- Ongoing evaluations of our community courses incl a new teen version of the adult Stress Busters course
- Excellence Award given for the best case study at the BABCP 2014 annual conference in a poster outlining CBT treatment for social anxiety. Co-authors were Gerard McAleer and Dr Joanne Younge.
The problem is not that life is so short, but that we wait to long before we start living!
New textbook in psychology (2017)
Corporate: "Staff Matter"
Recent Professional Activities: Research
We offer a range of educational courses and workshops to diverse groups, incl community and corporate
[More v shortly]
At The I Can Centre™ we engage in multi-disciplinary research and training with a vision of 'health and well-being for all'. Towards this vision, we work collaboratively with statutory and non-statutory partners to understand health and well-being challenges, and find community emotional- and behaviour change solutions that are also timely, feasible, effective evidence based. For instance, some recent projects include:
- primary and/or secondary data analyses incl focus groups, surveys and interviews
- literature reviews on a wide range of topics
- research on kindness as a model for business and communities (see our sister site AKinderSociety.org)
- research evaluating solutions to improve emotional and physical health and well-being; these can include interventions to manage compulsions and cravings
- research inspiring health and well-being among older adults, which includes community interventions towards age friendliness (see AgeSPIRE.org),
- research on interventions with young people (see KidsSPIRE.org), and
- research and training for health professionals and business incl culture change, and workshops to manage stress (see our corporate section).