At The I Can Centre™ we engage in multi-disciplinary research and training with a vision of 'health and well-being for all'. Towards this vision, we work collaboratively with statutory and non-statutory partners to understand health and well-being challenges, and find community emotional- and behaviour change solutions that are also timely, feasible, effective evidence based. For instance, some recent projects include:
- primary and/or secondary data analyses incl focus groups, surveys and interviews
- literature reviews on a wide range of topics
- research on kindness as a model for business and communities (see our sister site AKinderSociety.org)
- research evaluating solutions to improve emotional and physical health and well-being; these can include interventions to manage compulsions and cravings
- research inspiring health and well-being among older adults, which includes community interventions towards age friendliness (see AgeSPIRE.org),
- research on interventions with young people (see KidsSPIRE.org), and
- research and training for health professionals and business incl culture change, and workshops to manage stress (see our corporate section).
We work professionally and ethically with:
- counselling students from the main universities and colleges
- trainees from CBT PG Dipl courses who wish to do their placement with us (applications Sept / Jan)
- research students at undergradate, Masters (MSc / MBA) and doctoral levels*
- business studies and/or marketing students
Recent Professional Activities: Research
Corporate: "Staff Matter"
The problem is not that life is so short, but that we wait to long before we start living!
We offer a range of educational courses and workshops to diverse groups, incl community and corporate
[More v shortly]
*New psychology textbook in press